It is cold and flu season! Unfortunately, there is no avoiding this. But, I do have a tried and true, and also natural natural way to help fight those symptoms. It all starts with Apple Cider Vinegar.
There are many proven health benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar. Here are just a few:
• Lowers blood sugars
• Lowers cholesterol
• Kills bacteria
• Aids in weight loss
When paired with the other immune boosting ingredients below, you get a perfect brew for fighting and keeping the flu away.
- Lemon: Aids in digestion, good source of vitamin C
- Raw Honey: good source of antioxidants, soothes a sore throat
- Elderberry Syrup: natural relief for cold and flu, rich source of Vitamins A and C
- Cinnamon: contains anti-inflammatory properties, fights infections and viruses
For more information and benefits on all of these natural ingredients visit draxe.com
Now, this is an acquired taste. Believe it or not, I actually began to like it. The honey and cinnamon really help make it tolerable to drink, but for me, the benefits out weighed the smell and taste.
I am now a believer in ACV, and I keep it part of my daily diet. I did cut back to one tablespoon every other day. Really, it’s when I remember to take it. At this point, I just put it in a shot glass and chase it with elderberry syrup…how times have changed the older I get, am I right?!
Let me know if you try this out and if it works for you!
Do you have any ‘tried and true’ cold and flu remedies that you believe in? Let me know in the comments, I would love to hear what has worked for you!
Apple Cider Vinegar Tea
• 2 tbsp Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
• 1-2 tbsp Raw Honey, preferably local (adjust to your taste)
• 1 tbsp Elderberry Syrup
• 1 Cinnamon Stick ( a dash of ground will work also)
• 8 oz warm water
Just mix all the ingredients together and get to sippin’.
* This post contains affiliate links. I may earn compensation at no cost to you if you click and make a purchase.